Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rare Share: Baking Success

I used to love to cook and I was, at one point, halfway good at it. Not so much, anymore. I did, however, have a moderate success in my kitchen today, so I thought I'd share this little number I whipped up for my daughter who was tired of "the same things we eat all the time."


EASY Salted Caramel Cupcakes w/ Salted Caramel Frosting 
(Yummers! Just made these by playing around and they turned out GREAT!)





SALTED CARAMEL CUPCAKES
Mix together:
1 yellow cake mix, 
1-1/3 cups water, 
1 T vanilla, 
1/4-1/2 t. fine sea salt to taste (I used coarse: 5 cranks of the grinder), 
1/3 C. caramel ice cream topping (heated in microwave 45 sec, pourable consistency), 
1 T canola oil. 
3 eggs, added one at a time, mixing well between additions
Mix on low until blended, medium speed for 2 min. Bake 20-25 minutes in preheated 350 oven. 

SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING: 
mix together on medium-high to high speed: 
4 oz (half a block) neufchatel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese & 1 stick REAL butter (both softened to room temp), 
2 T caramel ice cream topping (heated in microwave to pourable consistency), 
2-3 half cranks of sea salt grinder (approx 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste)
1 C sifted confectioner's (powdered)sugar
*raw sugar to sprinkle on top for decoration (optional)

(I simply piped the frosting on to the cooled cupcakes through a ziplock bag with the corner cut out) DELISH!


YOU'RE WELCOME!

1 comment :

  1. To anyone who made these before I edited the recipe--my deepest apologies! When I typed it in, I left out the eggs. I have fixed it now (above) -- so again: SO SORRY! I hope everyone who saw this on FB and planned to bake hasn't done so yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...