Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Random Quirks of Me: 20 Things I've Learned About Myself (Recently)


Some things are just not worth sweating over.

Some things are.

Here are some random quirky things things I have learned about myself in recent months:

1. I do not have the patience to master Photoshop. Not even after taking a once/week class for 6 weeks.

2. and because I do not have the patience to master Photoshop (Elements. The "easy" cheapo version.) neither do I need to learn how to operate that schmancy DSLR camera that I do not yet own (and should never purchase.)

3. I need to use recipes when I cook. 

4. That may not translate into "I will use recipes when I cook" and yet . . . no one in this house will starve.

5. Sometimes, the best thing to say is nothing.

6. Almost always, when you've been hurt, the best thing to say is nothing.

7. When you go ahead and say something anyway, you need to apologize. Quickly. Truly. Repentantly. (But do wait until the repentance is genuine, or what is it worth?)

8. I do not have a spam folder in my brain I can empty. I wish I did. This year, more than any other, my brain feels as if it has reached maximum capacity.

9. Ooooooh... shiny! (I am easily distracted.)

10. No one should have a combined 14,242 emails spread over three email account inboxes. 

11. I have 14,242 emails in three (combined) inboxes.

12. New furniture can change your life. Seriously. I can sleep now, without pain (most of the time) because the furniture I sit in during the day and evening has been recently replaced.

13. New furniture is expensive. But if it changes your life in a way that positively impacts your health and productivity, it is money well spent.

14. If there is a clean dog, and the weather is warm enough to produce mud, he will roll in it.

15. Don't spend good money on bad chocolate. Spend extra money on good chocolate, and then treat it as the treat it is, rather than a cheap stress bomb.

16. Business tax deductions are cool for next year, but it still hurts to buy them this year.

17. Gravity is not my friend. 

18. Also, I am glad for gravity. Just imagine trying to get stuff done when you're floating all over the place. I mean . . . really.

19. You can decide to be content where you are, even though it's the last place you ever wanted to be, but you have to work really hard to keep that contentment or you'll make everyone else around you miserable, too.

20. If you think you need to speak softly so no one will hear what you're saying, chances are you should not speak at all.

So, there they are. Twenty things I've learned about myself in recent months. Can't say as I've applied all (or any?) of them successfully yet, but there they are, in all their humanness. 

Random. Quirky. That's me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...