Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Welcome to my Brand New Blog!


Welcome to Quirk Central. My name is Serena, and I'll serve as your tour guide through the randomness of my life and into that crazy space beyond the stories.

Those who know me have been forced to accept that "in person" I tend to ramble a bit. I am a daydreamer and I am easily distracted, yet I am often so focused on other worlds (I write fiction) that I forget to do stuff like, um, make dinner. In fact, even as I'm writing this, some kids in my house just pulled a pizza out of the oven. A pizza that I had no hand in preparing, other than saying, "Um, yeah. Sure. Pizza. Good."

(Yep. I'm "that mom." But before you call DHS, it should be noted that my kids are 12 and 16 and fully capable of safely operating an oven.)

Perhaps you've deduced that I am a little... odd.  If so, you are correct. *bwah-ha-ha-ha!* If you look to your right, you'll see a picture of giggly-me with somewhat fiery hair. (No, I'm not a natural redhead. At this writing, I'm not any sort of redhead, actually. Today I have more of a brown-meets-platinum streaky thing going on. *see welcome message below picture!* Tomorrow... who knows? But that's enough about my ever-changing hair for now--although it's bound to be mentioned here from time to time because I like to experiment with cut and color.)

Still here? Wow. I'm impressed! Still, at this point you're probably wondering what in the world you've stumbled upon. Who is this disorganized, rambling crazy woman?

This is me. This is my {personal} blog. (I put that in funny brackets because "personal" can sometimes imply "private" and the internet and privacy are a bit oxymoronic.) This is my {personal} blog, but it's not private. It's just not about the stuff I normally write about. It's about the random quirkiness of living life.

I'm going to write some stuff here on this blog that might not seem like it comes from the "Serena Chase" you know from reading The Ryn, The Remedy, or my book reviews, but rest assured: we're the same person. Yes, this blog is going to seem pretty random at times--pretty different from what you're used to from other authors, too, no doubt. And while I will continue to work hard to make my "professional" and fiction writing excellent, there is a certain amount of chaos in my life and brain that makes me "me." This blog is my attempt to connect with readers outside of the books I read and write on a "real" level that allows for a little more honesty and a little less polish. 

Is that quirky? I'm a quirky sort of girl. This blog is going to reflect that side of me.

What you can expect from Serena Chase: The Blog
I plan develop "theme posts" at some point, as is so popular among my fellow bloggers. I'll write about things like Late Night Guilt, Snort-laughing, Anxiety, and Dieting vs. The Desperate Need For Dr. Pepper. You know, the stuff that matters.

Did I also mention that I am frequently sarcastic? (Hmm. Probably should have put that out there in the opening paragraph...) Well, I am. You can expect a fair amount of that, too.

And now: THE TOTAL HONESTY ALERT
On this particular blog, I fully intend to write about the most random things imaginable. If you thrive on chaos, you might find yourself visiting often. If you're a fan of order? Maybe not. (Or maybe you order-hounds will surprise me and drop by regularly, just to assure yourself that, compared to me, you are totally sane.)

*shrugs with a smile* I'm cool with that.

Informality reigns
at Serena Chase: The Blog
I do not intend to review books on this blog. Places like Edgy Inspirational Romance and USA Today's Happy Ever After blog have dibs on my book reviews and author interviews, so follow those links if that's what you're looking for. If, however, you're looking for quirky random nonsense, an occasional honest devotional, or a photo commentary on something from my little corner of the world? Congratulations! You've arrived at Quirk Central. 

My posts may be funny, heartwrenchingly honest, sad, affirming, or simply a revel in the ridiculous, but . . . I'll try not to let it be boring. This is a put-your-feet-on-the-furniture kind of blog, so go ahead: make yourself at home. I'm glad you're here!

3 comments :

  1. How fun Serena! And FYI, us organized people like to read or watch you fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants types because we are secretly jealous that we cannot be as spontaneous as you ;)Y'all have all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my random new spot, Julie! I am not-so-secretly jealous of you organized types, so I guess we're in the similar boats. (Except mine has no oars and is covered in glitter, probably, LOL!)

      Delete
    2. Haha Serena, and my boat is decked out with extra oars(just in case the originals get lost or fall overboard)! But I'll definitely be jealous of your party boat sailing willy-nilly away!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...